Covenant Nursery School is seeking a
Multi-Age Classroom Co-Teacher (3-5 year olds)
ABOUT OUR SCHOOL
Covenant Nursery School is a nonprofit, developmental preschool that utilizes a developmentally appropriate, play-based approach to learning. We believe that each child’s uniqueness must be appreciated and nurtured. Working hand in hand with caregivers, we strive to provide a warm, nurturing and inviting environment for both the child and the family. In addition, Covenant places a high value on educating children both inside and outside the classroom on the importance of nature and our connection to it.
JOB DESCRIPTION FOR CO-TEACHER
Classroom hours are 9:00-12:00 Monday – Friday. Additional time as needed for curriculum planning, weekly meetings with co-teacher, parent conferencing, conference write-ups, biweekly staff meetings, and various school events.
• Creating an engaging classroom environment which stimulates thinking, curiosity, and problem solving
• The preparation and execution of curriculum that meets the developmental needs of all children – keeping in mind the broad range of ages and
• Regular communication with parents/ caregivers in person, via e-mail or by phone
• Conferencing, three times a year: with parent and child prior to the start of the school year, Fall phone conferences, and again during the second half
of the school year in person with parent
• Regular observations and assessments of children according to Covenant’s assessment plan.
• Participating in 15 required hours of professional development in early childhood and nature education experiences annually
• Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education or a related field or Associates Degree in Early Childhood Education
• Additional experience in Nature Education and/or love for the outdoors
• Good communication skills, warmth, enthusiasm, professionalism, flexibility
HOW TO APPLY (by June 21, 2017)
Send cover letter and resume to:
Tina Vanderwarker, Director
Covenant Nursery School
3637 Golf Road, Evanston, IL 60203
or via e-mail: email@example.com